Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Supper Wars

So.

It's been one of those nights.

I can't say I honestly slaved over dinner, because dinner was a rotisserie chicken, green beans, and Uncle Ben's Spanish rice (the ready-rice version).  Total prep time was about 30 minutes...and that included the run to the store.

There is not a thing on their plates that my kids don't like.

I even put shredded cheese on top of the Spanish rice.

Medium Fry eats without complaint.

However, I have to start prompting the other two to actually take bites.

Finally, I resort to pulling Unca D away from his phone call, because my patience is in short supply, is about half a second from fizzling out completely, and he's the one with the I Will Be Obeyed voice.

Medium Fry gets a popsicle after we convince her to stop chasing the cats to share her love for them.  In extreme methods, like full-body hugs and forced scritches when the cat wants to be left alone.

After much requesting, cajoling, and threatening, Large Fry finally finishes her food.

"Can I finish my food?"

"You did finish your food.  Good for you," Hubby says.

"Can I have juice?"

"Yes."

"Can I have a popsicle?"

"Yes, you can have a popsicle."

"Can I pound?"

I can't see Hubby's face, but I know I'm smiling, so he's gotta be.  I can see them bump fists out of the corner of my eye.

It cracks me up that he taught them to do this, and now the girls ask to "pound" whenever they think they've done something that's really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.