Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Vignettes from Opposite Sides of the House

Just now...


Middle: Mom! Mom! I'll bet you don't know what an "orthodontist" is...'cause I do!

Is it bad that I took so much glee in crushing her hopes that she finally knew a word that I didn't?

Me: I do know what an orthodontist is. I had one.

Middle: You had braces? Wow, I'll bet you looked really different.

Gee, thanks, sweetheart.


*****

Three days ago...


Hubby: Get off me, woman!

Said to the coal-black, mouthy, sneezy, crabby, completely graceless, and slightly-less-ancient-than-Mika, 15-year-old Koa, who had no intention of leaving him alone when she wanted attention. Who cares if he has to go to work to keep her in the lifestyle to which she's accustomed? She had affection needs which she required to have met, and required that they be met right meow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.