Tuesday, March 23, 2021

My Work Here Is Done

 With Special Edition's birthday being this past Saturday, her birthday dessert of choice was angel food cake with strawberries and whipped cream. And lemon curd. I should not forget that. I had to hunt for it. But this was her chosen dessert, and since I remembered last year's making of strawberry shortcake, and buying three cans of whipped cream (yes, Mother, I was going to make the real stuff, but the grocery store was completely out of heavy whipping cream, so we had to do canned) . . . and we ran out. I was not running out again. And since I knew we'd be doing Gettysburg with the clan, I bought the canned stuff again.

And I was determined to not run out.

I bought FIVE cans.

My co-workers saw my cart and thought I'd come unhinged. Nope, just determined to not run out of whipped cream this year.

I think I still had three and a half cans left after the birthday dinner, so I felt silly for buying so much unnecessarily, and said so out loud.

"Not unnecessarily," said Middle, who is fond of shooting whipped cream straight into her mouth.

Much like her father, actually.

Today, after school, Middle and MBFF wanted to hang out in the park after school. MBFF had permission, so I gave mine as well. Middle is a solid student and I'm not worried about homework. I told Middle when I'd come pick them up and bring them home. 

I was surprised to come up from the basement and hear them both in the kitchen. MBFF was trying to shoot cream from a can that shouted it was empty.

Now, as I am an evil mother, this put in mind a scene from the old sitcom Brotherly Love. You only have to watch about the first minute and a half of this segment to see where my mind went.

"Did you know," I deadpanned as MBFF shot whipped cream from a new can into her mouth and handed it off to Middle, "that if you do that and poke in your cheeks, it's like popping a zit?"

My daughter was launching whipped cream into her own mouth at the same time I said this and stopped, leaving a trail down to her chin. 

"That's gross," MBFF said.

"I don't even want to eat this now," Middle groused.

"My here is done!" I hooted with laughter so loudly that Hubby, playing Fortnite upstairs with Special Edition, could hear me . . . and so could Special Edition, her BFF, and her hubby.

Hee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.