Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Superior Somehow

 I came home late today after a long day at work to find Youngest struggling with pie crusts in the kitchen.

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving here in the States, and this year, rather than me cooking a great meal for the four of us, we're journeying one state south and celebrating with a bunch of family. We are to bring pumpkin pie, and Youngest volunteered to do the baking.

Now, I had bought some pre-made pie crusts so this wouldn't be an issue.

But, as Youngest knew, that would mean I shouldn't eat the pie. (We learned earlier this year that I needed to go gluten-free after a series of medical tests.) And if there's one thing I love about Thanksgiving, it's pumpkin pie.

I was touched that she chose to go to the effort to make gluten-free pie crusts so I could also have the pie we're bringing. "Awwww," I said.

She smiled, perking up her whole countenance.

She was also listening to Christmas music as she worked.

A playlist that sounded awfully familiar. We have Spotify Family, so you can share playlists...

"Did you yank my playlist?"

"Yeah. You've got the best music."

Finally. One of my kids admits I have superior musical taste...even if it's just in Christmas music.

1 comment:

  1. She should have called Gramma for help with the pie crusts. But bravo to her for doing this!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.