Friday, July 12, 2024

Just When You Think It's Over

The divorce has been final for a month and a half now.

It still feels weird to say it: I'm divorced.

About four weeks ago, I got what I thought was Lady Tiger's last bill...and then everything with listing the house for sale got in the way of me writing this particular post. The damages aren't bad. Five hundred dollars to wrap up the end of my marriage.

It is, of course, $500 I don't currently have.

I had some pricey repairs to the house as I prepared to list it (plumbing is not cheap; I have gone into the wrong business). And there was a little mishap of a rather large tree branch coming down in the yard that cost a small fortune to get rid of, right after we listed the house.

Then the girls and I all went crazy getting the house into showplace condition, and darned if I didn't forget about Lady Tiger's bill until the next one arrived in today's mail.

Fortunately there wasn't much added. This time.

But in selling the house, Ex-Hubby now has to approve the sale and sign off on documents, which means Yours Truly is footing the bill every time my Realtor calls my lawyer.

The nice thing in all this is that we've found a house we love. It's right in our neighborhood, so we won't be moving far.

And we have an offer on our place. There's the rub. Ex-Hubby has to sign off on everything too, and he's in a place where he's a trifle indisposed, so to speak. So my Realtor and my lawyer have been talking. Which means I will be incurring more costs until this insanity ends.

I hate asking for help.

But I am.

In a little over a month's time, we will be in a new house. A fresh start for all of us.

We'd love to make that fresh start without having this ghost of the past hanging over us.

So many people have been wonderfully helpful the last few months.

You've given far beyond our wildest dreams, and there are no words to express the depth of our gratitude. We are so very thankful.

I still owe $500 to my attorney, who has truly done yeoman's work in taking care of me and the girls. Please, help us launch into our new lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.