Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"Mommy, I have to go potty."

Those are words that can strike fear into the heart of even the bravest mom...especially when she's at McDonald's with her three kids, ALL BY HERSELF.

Do you send your six-year-old to the potty by herself, or do you stay with the other two kids?

Oy.

Since the ladies' room door at our McD's is really heavy and the hydraulics are cranky, I went with Small Fry.

Who insisted I go in the stall with her.

Who then only peed a DROP.

"That's it? You couldn't hold that?!"

Small grinned unrepentantly. "♫ I did a pee drop ♪," she sang.

I faced the stall door and performed a Migraine Salute.

"♪ Mommy loves me ♫," she sang.

"Yeah, and it's a good thing."

"I'm singing a song that you love me. ♫♪ Mommy loves me! I did a pee drop ♪♫!"

Yep, a really good thing. Now go wash your hands, kid, before I lose my grip on what little sanity I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.