Friday, March 20, 2009

Grace

So, in our beginning attempts of teaching the girls about prayer, we let Large Fry say the blessing before meals. (Actually, we have been sternly told, "YOU don't pray!" if we try to say grace and not let her do it.)

This morning, as I'm putting on makeup in a bid to help me feel more human, Unca D is getting the girls breakfast. He asks Large Fry if she wants to pray.

And I hear this:

"God is great, God is good, and we thank him for the food." I smile. It's our usual mealtime prayer. "Bless Auntie J's boo-boo." I knew they'd done this while at my folks'. "Bless Unca D SO much. Bless Auntie J SO much. Bless Auntie J's special bandaid...SO much. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.