Saturday, November 16, 2013

Agog

Hubby is doing the 30-Hour Famine with the youth group teens, so it's just me and the Fries today.

I decided we'd have a movie/jammie day, and Large Fry was magnanimous enough to let me pick the first movie.

No one in my family will be surprised when I tell you I chose White Christmas. I love that movie, and it's been cold, and a few flurries here and there, and I love snow, and I love that movie, and...well, I really don't need a reason to pick it.

We're at the very end now, where Bob Wallace and Phil Davis are back in uniform again for the opening salute to Gen. Tom Waverly. They've just rushed back up on stage and are singing, "Gee, I Wish I Was Back in the Army."

Small Fry: Is that person in the Army now?

Me: No, Bob and Phil were in the Army. They're just singing about it.

Small: No, the one that we know.

I gave her very confused look.

Small: The one with really curly hair, like Medium.

I had to sit and think for a good thirty seconds, because I honestly had no idea who she was talking about at first.

Me: You mean Mommy XSIL?

Small: Yeah.

Me: Yes, she's in the Army now.

Small: Does she live in the Army?

Me: Yes, she lives on an Army base.

Small: Where's her house?

Me [getting exasperated]: On the base.

About then, Large walked into the den.

Large: Mommy, is Mommy XSIL dead?

Me [managing not to be startled, but just barely]: Nooo.

Large: Oh. I thought she was dead already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.