Tuesday, July 17, 2012

I have the strangest dreams sometimes....

This isn't the first time I've dreamed, in the last three months, that Po is alive.

It is, however, the first time I've dreamed that a different Po, who looks even more like the "real" Po (don't ask; I can't explain it), came staggering into the house, wearing her red collar and tags with our old address on them.

Hubby was flabbergasted.

Especially since this "real" Po had appeared on scene right after the "real" Koa (who is, by the way, very much alive), so that we had two Koas in the house (really, one is more than enough), and now a new Po.  Plus the boys.  And Minou.  Who was, true to form, still hiding through all this.

Bonus points if you guess that the "real" Keiki showed up next.  Because, you see, all the kittens in her litter were little carbon-copies of their dad.  So it was theoretically possible that we'd picked up the wrong kitten all those years ago.  (We didn't.)

So, the feline tally is now a "real" Po, a "real" Keiki, two Koas, Mika, Pa'ani, and Minou.

Enter Niele.

Ni was a pretty, medium-haired calico we had when we lived in Columbus.  She didn't make the move with us; she was unhappy, and needed a house where she was the only kitty.  So we gave her that.

But she showed up in the dream, wearing her collar, complete with tags for our last Columbus address.

And if all that wasn't enough, a tiny little cream-orange tabby (a boy) appeared.  A kitten about six weeks old, and I begged Hubby to let us keep him.

Which, if you're keeping track, makes nine felines.

When the ferrets arrived on scene and started chewing holes in the bottom of the litter boxes (ew, I know, but it's a dream; I can't explain it), and hunting the cats, I was ready to wake up.

I didn't.

Nope, what happened next was that I had to go through some weird process to escape certain death and/or an arranged marriage in the Middle East somewhere...and then I had to go back and help some low-level princess or friend of someone who'd escaped at the same time I did or something, and get her out as well.

About then, Large Fry climbed into bed next to me, and woke me with snuggles and a request to watch tv.

I've never been so glad to watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.