Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Overheard

Hubby and I took Medium to see her pediatric ophthalmologist this morning. On our way back towards home (thankfully, we had only gone about a mile), we realized neither of us had gotten a doctor's note to turn in to Medium's school. Hubby quickly turned back toward the office, driving down Seminary Ridge.

Medium: What's a seminary?

Hubby: If Daddy had wanted to be a senior pastor like PeeJay, he would have to go to a school like this to learn.

Medium: What's a senior pastor?

Hubby: That's what PeeJay does. He preaches and stuff.

Medium: Why don't you do that?

Hubby: Well...

Medium: 'Cause it's boring?

I clapped my hand over my mouth to muffle my laughter.

Hubby [trying not to choke on his own chuckle]: Because that's not what God wanted me to do.

So we scooted back to the office and I hobbled back in to grab a note. Hubby decided to take a slightly different route to avoid some ice-formed potholes. And we discovered a skunk had had a disagreement with something nearby. Hubby and I both wrinkled our noses in disgust.

Hubby: Medium, put your arms down.

Medium: No, that's you.

Smart girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.