Monday, March 19, 2018

A Full Rich Day

Here at the 4077th Casa Auntie J, it's been what we like to affectionately call "a full rich day."

In other words, I've run me off my own feet.

Since 6:10 a.m., I have done the following:

  • Woke up and checked on Oldest, who had gotten sick in the middle of the night. Still sick. Texted her ride to say she wasn't going in.
  • Got up again with the twins. Middle informed me that she didn't think she could do a full day of school today (it was supposed to be her first). Okay, half day.
  • Drove Middle to school. Forgot phone.
  • Came home and copied new crock-pot recipes from web browser to Word.
  • Called Middle's school nurse back to confirm that I had, in fact, not given Middle any Tylenol for her persistent concussion-related headache yet this morning, because I am already frazzled.
  • Composed grocery list and checked grocery budget.
  • Got dressed in real clothes.
  • Got out of the house ten minutes late. Nearly forgot phone.
  • Aldi run. I have half an hour to shop.
  • Picked up Middle from school at the halfway point, but 15 minutes late. Darn having to pack my own grocery bags, but I saved a good $17 on my own estimate of my total.
  • Hijacked Middle and went on the second half of the grocery run at Walmart (including the big kid's birthday presents). Spent some time on the trip explaining why I shop on a budget and how I compare prices. (It all started because she speculated about having lots of money, enough to fund her own phone for 15 years.)
  • Didn't even leave the store when I realized we'd forgotten the sunglasses I'd promised we'd get Middle (they have a bunch for $2.50). Ran back in.
  • Got home in time to unload the car (yay, muscles!) and start putting stuff away before Dan had to leave for work.
  • Put dinner (new recipe) in the crock pot. (Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken, if you're interested.)
  • Sliced my thumb open while trying to cut a whole garlic bulb in half. (Nothing a bandaid didn't fix. I'm fine. Honest. I did NOT pull a startling impression of my sainted mother. This was actually for tonight's dinner.
  • Prepped 15+ pounds of chicken for both fridge (tomorrow's birthday dinner) and freezer.
  • Prepped scallions for the freezer with Middle's help.
  • Realized I totally forgot to eat lunch.
  • Had a snack.
  • Wrote this post.
  • Realized Middle probably forgot to have lunch, too. (Mother of the Year award, here I come!)
And I still have to put in the potatoes to bake for dinner and make tomorrow's cake for Special Edition's 21st birthday (I will not have time tomorrow, that's for sure). AND I have writers' group tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.