Saturday, November 10, 2018

Cuisine Middle

I've been down with a migraine today.

So at 6:30 this evening, I asked the kids to find things for dinner for themselves.

"Hey, Mama, I'm gonna have homemade mac and cheese!"

I glanced skeptically at Middle. We did not have any box mac and cheese in the house. This much I knew.

She smunched a package of ramen noodles against the counter. "This worked this afternoon."

I didn't even want to know. Just...Rule #2 and move on.

She pulled the off-brand Velveeta cheese out of the refrigerator and grabbed a paring knife from the drawer. "No, I did it this afternoon. It worked great." (Apparently not so great, because she had to scrape the remains into the trash at bedtime, but I digress.)

The child made "homemade mac and cheese" with pulverized unseasoned ramen noodles, water, and extremely generic processed American cheese food.

I have no words.

At least I didn't have to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.