Tuesday, April 5, 2011

White Lips

Not what I needed to see today.  And certainly not what Small Fry wants to be feeling.

The Fries have been sick-ish.  I thought it was just a cold, but after a week of Large Fry's nasty hacking  cough, and Medium having had it for three to four days, I took them both to the doc yesterday.  (Small Fry, not yet coughing or having any other complaints, stayed home.)

Surprise, surprise.  Medium Fry is glowingly positive for strep.  Large Fry, only faintly so; the pediatrician suspected that she might be carrying the virus without actually having it, since all of their other symptoms suggested a cold.

I did not believe my thermometer this morning when it gave me Small Fry's temp.

And her lips are now as pale as her face.

That's just not a good sign.

I think I'll check her temp again, and then decide if I'm calling the doc.  Again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.