Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm opening myself up for cute-childhood-story retribution.

Last night....  It's bedtime.  Hallelujah.  The Fries have been hyper little terrors tonight since Uncle D went to praise team practice.  Perhaps dessert was a bad idea....

So I'm tucking the twin Fries in.  I've gone through the routine: let them each ask a question, ask which blanket they want on them first, kicked out unfriendly monsters, giants and wombats, and told the friendly ones (Small Fry's friendly ones) that they have to go to Gramma and Boppa's (this is new).

I bent down to give Medium Fry a hug and a kiss.

"Deawr God," she mumbled.

"'Dear God' what?" I asked.

"Deawr God, please keep me fwom seeing da monstewrs.  Amen."

I grinned and gave her a smooch and a hug. That's a good prayer.

I went over to Small Fry to do the same thing.

"Deawr God," she says with an impish grin, "pwease keep me fwom seeing da giants."

Then she lowered her already-husky voice. "I weeywll do that."  She grinned happily at me.  "He talked back to me!  He said he'd do dat!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.