Thursday, May 5, 2011

A Moment to Pause and Think

How on earth do I, as a parent, ultimately explain to my post-9/11 children the kinds of evil that Osama bin Laden committed?  How do I justify the actions of the elite team that took him out?

How do I describe why I believe it was necessary, and find it an abbreviated jump at justice, but find no pleasure in it?

From the anonymous at Ravensbruck, a well-known Christian apologist and a modern thinker, I can point to something to say.  Something right.  Something I can show my children in the years to come, as the questions begin and the unadulterated happiness of childhood begins to fade with the reality that creeps in.

A friend on Facebook (and in real life) wrote this, and I have to say, I like his choice of modern philosophers at the end.* 


*If his security settings prevent you from viewing, comment and I'll imbed the text here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.