I understand the purpose. I really do. It's supposed to foster family time and cooperation and other necessary group skills.
But they drive me nuts.
Some of them have been fun. Some have been irritating. We've done them all:
- August: a decorated book box (something to hold their little paper primer readers)
- September: a family picture banner
- October: decorate a pumpkin
- November: decorate your turkey picture to help hide Tom Turkey from the farmer who wants to make him Thanksgiving dinner
- December: another family banner, this time with tracings of everyone's hands and details about their favorite things about the holidays
Large Fry was kind of put out that she didn't get to use any stickers or determine how the twins' banners were going to be decorated.
Here are the end results:
Meanwhile, Large was doing her own thing. She traced all of our pinkie fingers. Then she drew "pinkies" for each of the kitties, asking me to spell their names. I thought it was cute that she drew little claws.
She'd made them angels.