Monday, June 6, 2011

It's the little things.

My day has been full of little things:
  • Little people in my bed before 7:30 this morning.  (Why?)
  • A relatively decent night's sleep, even though I had to bunk down with Small Fry about 11 last night.
  • A little bit of relative peace and quiet, when Hubby got Large Fry on the school bus and then took the twin Fries out to Denny's for breakfast and then to the store to get a few things.
  • Having my walk-in clinic be a subsidiary of my own doctor's office, and the doc's office being slow enough that I got bumped over there for a "scheduled" appointment and so I got seen faster.  (Sinus infection.  My list of symptoms is not little.  Nor is the grade of lousy I feel.)
  • Twelve dino-nuggets left in the freezer, when I'm sicker than a dog and still having to take care of the Fries while Hubby goes on his second interview for a youth/music pastor position.  That's an easy dinner!
  • Granola bars and juice boxes to round out dinner.  Not the best meal I've prepared, I'm sure.  But they're not going to be hungry.
  • The ability to go back to bed myself when I tuck the Fries into bed.
  • Nyquil is my new best friend.
  • Modern medicine and sympathetic pharmacists. I love you, antibiotics.
Things I would rather not have:
  • A triple-digit fever.
  • Body aches.
  • Sinus headache.
  • Sore throat.
  • Ouchy ears.
  • Arch pain in my left foot.
  • Discovering that one of the cats puked on the bed (on my side, no less) while I was at the doc's.
  • Having to munchkin-wrangle when I feel this awful.
On the other hand:
  • If not for the fever and body aches and assorted pains, I would not know I was sick.
  • If not for modern medicine, I wouldn't have antibiotics to help me get better, or painkillers to help reduce my aches, pains and fever.
  • Hairballs are a small price to pay for having warm, fuzzy, purring things to come snuggle with me.
  • I love my children, and I can't imagine life without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.