Monday, March 26, 2012

Conversational Vignettes

While I'm working, Hubby piles the Fries into the van to go pick up pizza for dinner.  En route...

Hubby: Kids, you're going to need to eat fast when we get home.  We have a concert to go to tonight.

Fries: Yay!!! [pause]  What's that?

Hubby: People sing.  Jester and Mitzy will be there.

Small Fry: Medium, dat's youwr boyfwiend, an' dat's my giwr...she likes Dohwra.  I know.  Jester told me.


*     *     *     *

During dinner....

Medium [sing-song]: ♫ I want to see my boyfwiend!  I'm old enuff to haff a boyfwiend! ♪

Small [not to be outdone]: I haff a giwrlfwiend!  Mitzy is my giwrlfwiend!


*     *     *     *

And on Sunday, during the potluck dinner after church, Medium confided in my dad that Jester was her only boyfriend.

The other college guys from Local U...she's apparently just using them.


*snicker*

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.