Tuesday, October 9, 2012

It's only Tuesday.

And I already feel overwhelmed.

I have a novel-length manuscript to keep working on.

I have four articles to be copy-edited by next week.

I have another project to do a revision of sorts on, and potentially work on that starting next week.

Plus a thesis to copy edit as well.

And jury duty looming over my head in a month.

The twin Fries have daily homework for kindergarten.  That takes about ten minutes to complete.  Then they're supposed to read or have someone read to them for 20 minutes a day.

Large Fry has anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes of homework a day (I'm told it shouldn't be more than 20 minutes).  Whether or not we complete her homework in that timeframe is questionable, because Large does have an expressive speech delay which causes answers that she should know to get stuck in a holding pattern in her brain, because she can't spit 'em out her mouth.  It's frustrating, especially to someone like me, who makes her living with words.

The twins now also have occasional projects to do, in addition to the regular monthly family  projects that we all are supposed to do together.

It's the beginning of the school career of all three of my kids, and I'm already so overwhelmed that I want to cry.

And...we got a notice today from the school nurse that Large Fry needs an eye exam (and probably glasses).  She flunked her vision screening at school pretty badly.  I've been half-expecting this.  But with the dental insurance insanity that I waded through three or four weeks ago, this is the LAST thing I want to deal with again: spending two hours, making calls and talking to multiple service reps and getting conflicting information.  (It happens every time I call the insurance company for the girls.)  If the girls don't have dental because their biological mother won't shell out for it, odds are good that they don't have vision coverage either.

All of this makes me glad that Hubby and I are taking steps to have the Fries put on our insurance at the first of the year.

I don't think, however, that we can wait that long to get Large Fry seen by an eye doctor and get the glasses she probably needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.