Thursday, October 11, 2012

Orders

I spent part of last week finally whipping my home office (mostly) into shape.

When Hubby arrived home from work today earlier than I expected, and walked over to pick up the kids from school himself, I decided to abandon working in the den and retreat to my office.  Now that I can find my desk again, I have space to work.  Might as well give it a shot.

I settled in at my desk, popped in my earbuds, and continued working on the journal article I was editing.

Medium Fry moseyed in a few minutes later.

"Hi, Mommy."

I pulled out one earbud.  "Hi, honey.  What do you need?"

She leaned into me.  "I love you."

I hugged her back.  "I love you too."

Apparently, that was all she needed.

Not long after that, Small Fry bounced in.

She didn't really need conversation, just to be near me.  And to prattle on, without my participation.

I know this, because when I tried to respond to what she was saying, she gave me a mock stern look and said imperiously, "You go back to youwr wowrk, Mommy!"

She even shook her finger at me.

I suppose it probably doesn't bode well for me that I obeyed, popping my earbud back in (I'd taken it out to hear her and answer her), picking up my red pen, and going back to work.

She'll probably think she's the boss of me from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.