Saturday, April 6, 2013

Mommy?

It was Medium.

I was downstairs in the laundry room, moving a load of clothes over to the dryer so I could start yet another load of wash.

And it's been one of those days. My ankle and wrist have ached for days. I'm tired. I'm cranky. Hubby has been gone all day. The kids somehow found jumping beans and inhaled them, and my house was stricken with serial tattling. Play-doh did not stay where it belonged.

And now...

"What, honey?"

Footsteps pounded down the stairs.

"I need to show you my Skype!"

She held out her Leapfrog letter game. I turned around to look at it.

There on the screen were three words:

I LOVE YOU.

I swallowed the sudden lump in my throat. "I love you too, honey. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.