Sunday, August 4, 2024

Quoting John Watson

Middle bounced down the stairs just now. Then, she leaned her head between the spindles of the rail that tops the half-wall of the dining room to look at me. (I've been editing in here the better part of the afternoon.)

"Can I go on a bike ride?"

"I thought the bike was broken," I said, as I considered whether I should even let her go. She is, after all, on day 11 of a 14-day grounding for doing Things Not Allowed.

"That's Youngest's bike. There are two."

I then studied her attire: a long-sleeved, oversized flannel shirt that came nearly to her knees. I echoed John Watson from Sherlock's premiere episode of series two. "Are you wearing any pants?"

"Absolutely not, which is why I was going to go change."

Well. At least she's honest.

And willing to put on pants before she goes out in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.