Thursday, December 2, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

There are rules for your kids that you create for the sake of your own sanity.

We have a few of them.

One of the biggest ones is: No singing at the table!

When there's singing at the table, there is not eating.  Where there is not eating, there's an unhappy Unca D and Auntie J.

This has now come back to bite me in the rear.  I can sing at the table, without ignoring my food.

And it's Christmastime.  Christmas music is some of the best stuff there is.  I love it!  I sing along!  I can't help it!  I burned a couple of mixed-music cds to play in the house!

Naturally, I had one of these playing on Monday, during the twin Fries' birthday lunch.

One of the selections on that cd was from a 1990 contemporary version of Handel's Young Messiah, "For Unto Us a Child is Born."  It's lively.  It's peppy.  It's just fun!  It shows Handel's great celebration of the birth of the King of Kings.  I've sung versions of the Messiah on several occasions.  I know the parts.  It makes singing along irresistible....

And that's what was playing as I sat down at the table for lunch.

And, of course, I was singing.  Out loud.

Hubby gave me a stern look.  "No singing at the table, Auntie J," he said.

Crap!  My own rule got leveled against me.

I hate it when that happens.

My parents, the goobers, just laughed at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.