Friday, March 18, 2011

Sibling Punishment

"May I be ehskoozed to go potty?" Small Fry asked during dinner.

Hubby nodded, and she pushed back her chair to get down.

Not even two seconds later, Medium Fry is pushing her chair back.

"Where are you going?" Hubby asked her.

"I have to go potty!"

"You can't go potty right now.  Small Fry is going potty.  Get back in your seat."

Medium is in full-on pout mode by the time she climbs back in her chair and gets scooted back up to the table.

Her lower lip starts to protrude.

"And now she's going to pout."  Hubby looks over at me, and we share a we know where this one's going look.

"And now...." Hubby says quietly.

"Small Fwry won't let me go potty!" Medium wails.

"Small Fry is going potty right now.  She's not telling you what to do.  I'm telling you that you have to wait until she's done."

"But when she's done, she won't let me!"


I had to muffle my laughter in Hubby's shoulder....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.