Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Postman Always Rings Twice...

...but the UPS man comes to your back door and knocks (leaving your brand-new checks).

And the girl scouts come to your front door.  It's cookie-ordering season again....

Innyhoo, after I sent the happy girl scouts on their way (can hardly wait for my Samoas!), I saw Hubby laying on the living room couch.  About the time I decided I wanted a hug from him, because he gives the best hugs, since I have had a very rough day, Small Fry threw herself onto his chest and glommed on with great glee.

"Hey, what if I want a hug from Daddy?" I asked.

Small Fry grinned around the thumb in her mouth and shook her head.

"I can't have a hug?"

She repeated the head shake, thumb still in her smiling mouth.

"Really?  I can't have a hug?"

"I think she can have a hug," Hubby said.

Small Fry shook her head no, grinned some more, and snuggled in tighter.

I did the only sensible thing.  I tickled her to get her to move off.

Small giggled and giggled and I caught her as she toppled, setting her feet on the floor.  Then I sat down and got my hug.

Small tugged at Hubby's arm, moving it away from him.

And around her thumb, she jabbered, "Get off him so I can haff him!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.