Saturday, June 30, 2012

Movie Lines IRL

I love good dialogue.

Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean has some of the best dialogue, and great one-liners.  While imminently quotable, it's not often that I can just work "I can't bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesie, savvy?" into normal conversation.

I really wish I remember why I was using big words around the kids this week.  I think it was when Mom spelled out "ice cream" and Small Fry knew right away--and she's not even in school yet--what Mom was talking about, which immediately put Dad on the hook for buying ice cream for everyone.  (And so we all trundled out to The Meadows for frozen custard.  But I digress.)

Clearly, we're at the end of being able to spell out words to get things past the Fries.

Now, we have to use $20 words and talk over their heads.

Poor Hubby.  He has issues with my vocabulary sometimes as it is.

Innyhoo, for whatever reason, I was having to use my mental thesaurus at this point.

I gazed fondly at my youngest child, and said in response to whatever she'd asked me, "'I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."

A chuckle exploded out of Dad.  "Does she know what that means?"

I channeled Geoffrey Rush again.  "'Means no.'"

Small Fry just grinned at me and giggled.

It's a good thing I wasn't serious when I said no.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.