Wednesday, August 29, 2012

We now return you to your regularly scheduled insanity.

Three days back from vacation now, and my house resembles a small-grade disaster.

Between getting the kids going and off to school, some inconvenient insomnia, and my own qualms about the twins starting Kindergarten, I haven't wanted to do much of anything else.  Breathing has required enough work.

I decided on Monday night that I was going to tackle my home office, which looks even worse than the rest of the house, and spent two hours in there, getting some boxes sorted and shored up and moved out for eventual storage in the attic.  (They're currently sitting in the entryway.  I haven't gotten them up there yet.)  Apparently, I created the perfect storm: Taco Bell for dinner, followed by semi-strenuous work in the office, with no a/c on, and not enough cool-down time.  I was sweating and shaking by the time I determined I had to stop, and proceeded to be ill for the rest of the evening.  And most of the next morning.


So I'm sure there's been some entertaining stuff happening here.

I'm just either totally missing it (probably bad), or it's happening out of earshot (probably also bad).  Quiet children are conniving children.

I've enforced early bedtimes for the last few days, because the kids are still worn out from vacation.

Heck, I'm still worn out from vacation.  But then, I also had insomnia last night and was up until almost 4:30 before I finally succumbed to sleep.

But enough about me.

How's life for you?

1 comment:

  1. Oh the usual. Kids plotting to take over the world, wife and I working ourselves to the bone.

    It'll get easier, just keep at it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.