Saturday, March 5, 2011

Been there!

We scooted out to my folks' place for a quick overnight last night.  One, because I knew that a few hours on Thursday hadn't completely cured 14 days of not seeing the grandchildren, and Mom probably needed another fix.  Two, Mom and Dad's neighbor offered to help us if we had issues with our taxes, and I'd gotten myself good and stumped.  (Mr. M was happy to help, and charged me a whole hug for his assistance.)

Mom got reminded last night of a luncheon at their church today that she was supposed to go to, and invited me to tag along.

While there, my best friend called.  I didn't think it would be polite to take the call, even though I wanted to talk to her.  So I sent it to voicemail.  She knew I'd see the missed call and get back to her.

It wasn't until we got back to Mom and Dad's a couple hours later that I was finally able to call her back.

This was the sum total of our conversation:

Me: You rang?

JJ: Yeah.  I was just wondering if you knew a magic trick to make spring come sooner.  My kids are going stir-crazy.

Me: No, but I wish I did.  I'd use it for my kids!

JJ: [chuckles]  Oh, can I call you back?  I have a kid screaming for no reason, and I have to go kill him.

Me: [chuckles]  Sure.

JJ: Okay, I'll talk to you later.  Bye.


I know she didn't actually kill whichever of her sons was screaming.  It was the nonchalant-ness with which she said it that just cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.