Friday, July 26, 2013

2:55 a.m.

I'm awake, because I've been sick this week and my sleep cycles are wonky as a result (I'm sparing you the ugly details, too). I heard a door open down the hall, and figured we're about to have company.

I'm right.

Medium Fry sleepily stumbled into our room seconds later, her curly hair in disarray and highlighted by the low-wattage hall light.

She climbed onto the end of the bed, by Hubby's feet, and hesitated.

"C'mon up, sweetie," I said with a smile that she probably couldn't see. I let go of Hubby's hand so she could settle inbetween us.

Hubby was half-awake, and felt me release his hand and Medium crawling up between us. "What's wrong, sweetie?"

"Does somefing hafta be wrong fowr me to come in hewre?" Medium mumbled around her thumb.

"What?" Hubby hadn't quite caught that.

"Does somefing hafta be wrong fowr me to come in hewre?"

Stunned silence followed. He'd heard her this time.

"Well...I guess not."

I grinned as he rolled over slightly and lifted his arm, so Medium could come snuggle right next to him and hug his arm if she wanted.

Smart as a whip even when she's half-awake, that one.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you all slept well and you feel a little better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I finally dragged myself to the doc last Thursday. I managed to get doubly sick, having both a bacterial sinus infection and some kind of viral intestinal bug. The addition of antibiotics made the last several days of the viral thing even more unpleasant. We'll just say that I should have stayed home from the fair on Saturday, rather than going with Hubby and the kids to Kiddie Day ($15 per kid, and they can go on all the rides they want from 10:30-4). But the kids were so excited that I was coming that I didn't have the heart to say I was staying home.

      I'm finally starting to feel a little better, but I'm exhausted from the dual illness and I want a nap!

      Delete

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.