Monday, January 30, 2012

Bedtime Prayers

The twins got to bed later than usual tonight, due to an overly-messy toy room and the discovery that one of their bedroom windows wouldn't close without some extreme cleaning.

Hubby took care of the cleaning and getting the window closed (I just love home ownership), and reminded me when he got downstairs that they were waiting for me to tuck them in.  Small Fry had told him that "Mommy is going to tuck us."

Yep, ordered around by a 5-year-old.

Sort of.  (How do you say no when your youngest looks at you with pitiful eyes and says, "Mommy, I want you to tuck us"?)

Innyhoo.

I went back upstairs.

I gave hugs and kisses.

I kicked out monsters, giants, wombats, dragons and snakes.

I sent friendly things on their way to Gramma and Boppa's.

Then Small Fry started to pray: "God is gweat, God is..."

I quickly interrupted.  "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep.  Angels watch me through the night..."

"Angels watch me frew my mommy..." Small Fry intoned with a grin.

"...and keep me safe till morning light," I finished.

I couldn't bring myself to balk at an extra round of hugs after that prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.