Friday, June 14, 2013

Post from the Road: South Carolina

We're at the South Carolina welcome center, which is confoundedly in the middle of the state.

Here they have Liberty Garden, a 9/11 memorial, and one of the first in the country. Four quotations about liberty and American spirit ring a central fountain.

The girls wanted to toss in pennies and make a wish, so Hubby handed out coins.

He came over to me after the Fries made their wishes, and handed me a penny. "In case you wanted to make a wish," he said.

I took the penny.

Hubby went on, "Large Fry wished that our family would stay together forever and ever. Medium wished for our family to stay together forever. Small wished for a turtle."

I couldn't help but chuckle.

My wish?

I'm so glad you asked.

This was my wish:

"As long as the United States of America is determined and strong, this will not be an age of terror. This will be an age of liberty, here and across the world." -George W. Bush

I wished that we would always be a beacon of hope and liberty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.