Tuesday, November 1, 2011

On a totally different subject....

Today I lost a friend I've never met.

I was surprised to learn today that William the Coroner had died on Sunday, when I looked at the "In memoriam" post on another blog that I follow.  Sure, I was expecting to see a post memorializing someone the blogger was close to, but never imagined that it was someone I "knew."

William was, by all that I'd read, a good man: single, but loved his students, his cats, his job.  He was mentor, teacher, coroner, final voice for those who've been silenced, and friend.  I enjoyed reading his blog, even going back and reading through the archives.

I will miss his posts, his wit, his small presence in my life.

Rest well, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.