Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Parental Punishment

Medium Fry has been sent to the corner.

She is mad.  She threw a crayon across the room, and I sent her to the corner.  She said no.  I asked if she wanted something worse than simply being sent to the corner.  She said no.

Very well then.

Go to the corner, says I.

She proceeded to scream, cry, bite her own hand, and hit herself.

Okay then.  Tantrum, eh?  Well, that requires sterner discipline.

Still crying, Medium sulks to the corner.  And the rant begins.

"I don't love you!"

"I'm very sorry to hear that," I said.  "I still love you, very, very much."

"I love Uncle more than you!  I'm not gonna be youwr best fwiend!"

Allrighty then.

"I'm gonna go away!  I'm taking Uncle!  An' KeKe!  An' Po!  The rest can stay hewre!"


Thankfully, she was still in the corner, and she wasn't able to see me try to smother a smile and a chuckle.  It's not the first time that she's shouted that she doesn't love me anymore, or that she loves Uncle more than me.  However, it's the first time she's imperiously announced that she's running away, and taking Hubby and two of the cats with her.

2 comments:

  1. I know it's not *really* funny, but it made me laugh that she wants to take your husband and two of the cats - Interesting choice of which two cats, too!

    At least you realize that she doesn't really not love you any more. Sometimes it takes tough love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was hilarious that she wanted to run away and take Hubby and the two cats. She's never said that before.

    ReplyDelete

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.