Wednesday, March 6, 2013

An Honest-to-Goodness Snow Day

Or, how to drive Mommy insane in three easy steps.

Actually, it's not been that bad, aside from Medium Fry wondering around 7:15 this morning if there was school (nope; it had been canceled 14 hours ago, before we saw a single flake), and then wanting to know if we could go sledding (not at quarter after 7, dollface).

Hubby's office is closed due to the weather (we have about 7" of snow, with the possibility of another 5 or 6 to come...plus another 3ish of wet snow overnight).

So far, the kids have only asked half a dozen times if we can go sledding.

Conveniently, the elementary school the kids go to, which is right across the street, has a pretty decent hill for sledding, so the plan was to do that anyway.  Hubby was also trying to figure out if he could pull together a last-minute youth group activity and go sledding with the big kids.  My only issue with that was that it probably wouldn't be across the street, and therefore I wouldn't be able to go home when the need struck...which would make it difficult for me to go along and enjoy myself.  Because, y'know, snow + arthritis and degenerative joint disease in my ankle = limping and aching today.

As it turns out, according to the youth group's Facebook page, sledding is at the school across the street, and hot chocolate at our house afterwards.  Yay!

Pictures to come later!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you all had a wonderful time. The cold will hurt, but the smiles on their faces will help.

    I understand, my knee now is my own personal weather station.

    ReplyDelete

If you are rude, spiteful, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge just for putting up with you.

Please be nice.